originally from "Taste of Home" magazine
Make and share this Corn Dog Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- In skillet, saute celery in butter for 5 min.
- Add onions; saute 5 min.
- Place in a large bowl; set aside. Cut hot dogs lengthwise into 1/4s, then cut into 1/3s.
- In the same skillet, saute hot dogs for 5 min. or until lightly browned; add to vegetables. set aside 1 cup.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, sage and pepper.
- Add the remaining hot dog mixture. Stir in corn bread mixes.
- Add 1 1/2 cup cheese. Spread into a shallow 3 quart baking dish.
- Top with reserved hot dog mixture and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 30 min. or until golden brown.
- NOTES : I just use my own corn bread recipe.