Recipe by Kerr(ie)bear
I got the idea from a Corn Dog muffin recipe. I did not have the correct ingredients. So I had to make due. My kids love it. They always have an extra piece. You can also substitute veggie hot dogs for the regular hot dogs. The brown sugar makes it a bit more sweet.
Top Review by jagmichigan
Have made these a couple of times now. Kids have loved them as muffins and as cake. They didn't seem to notice that I substituted whole wheat flour and added a little wheat germ and flax seed. lol Sneak it when you can when it comes to the kids!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (10 count) package hot dogs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly grease baking pan.
- (11 X 7) Combine flour, brown sugar, corn meal, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Mix together.
- Set aside.
- Combine milk, eggs, butter.
- Mix well.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture, stir until just blended.
- Pour into baking pan.
- Cut hot dogs into bite size pieces.
- Sprinkle hot dogs into mixture.
- Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes or until golden brown.