Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Like a corn dog without the stick.
Make and share this Corn Dog Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups Bisquick
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup cold water
- 6 hot dogs
- Mix Bisquick, cornmeal, sugar, egg and water.
- Add cheese, if desired.
- Pour 1/3 of batter into a greased loaf pan (9x5x3-inch).
- Place 3 hot dogs on top of batter.
- Repeat with 1/3 of batter and rest of hot dogs.
- Pour over rest of batter.
- Bake at 400° for 40 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool 10 minutes before slicing.
I made these into muffins - just a glob in each cup with cut up hot dogs shoved in. My 3 year old loves them! I have a feeling my husband will too, when he gets home... keeping this one on hand for next year when we start school!
This did remind me of corn dogs! I used freshly ground sweet corn meal and cooked chicken sausages cut in chunks in stead of the hot dogs. I left out the cheese. This is so good! Planning on having this on a busy Saturday for lunch with fresh fruit.
Well, it's a stretch to say this tastes like a corn dog. It tastes like what it is, corn bread with hot dogs in it. It's good, though, and we liked it. I served it with chili con carne.