Recipe by Sweet Southern Bell
Very good and very easy. I;ve had this recipes for along time,I believe I got it from a magazine.
- 10 frank hot dogs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted bacon drippings
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepared mustard, catsup, picante ,sauce optional.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cornmeal and sugar, stir in bacon drippings. Combine egg, buttermilk, and soda; mix well.
- Cut each frankfurter into 10 pieces.
- Dip sections in batter, coating well. Fry 3-4 minute in hot oil until golden brown. Drain.