Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Rich and creamy - even the folks who don't like corn chow down on this!
- 6 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- Fold flour through corn thoroughly.
- Mix sugar, eggs and milk.
- Pour liquid mixture over corn and flour and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake 1 hour in 375 degree oven.
- Let set for 10 minutes before serving.
This is ok, not great. There are other recipes I prefer for this. It is plain and I would prefer to then just have the corn alone, pure. One tasty one I have had is Summer Corn Custard
I made this with whole wheat flour and coconut milk tonic (half coconut milk, half water) in place of the milk to make it dairy-free. It was delightful with a subtle coconut flavor! If we ever have an overabundance of fresh corn again, we'll definitely make this.
This was very very good, very quick and easy also. I will make this again, thanks!