Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
very tasty quichelike, serve with green salad and sourdough breads, or I have served as a special breakfast with bacon slices and toast.
- 2 1⁄2 cups corn kernels, about 3 cups
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, for sweetness (if useing frozen corn) (optional)
- Sprinkle corn and red pepper in greased 6 cup shallow casserole dish.
- Whisk together eggs, sour cream, cheese, salt and pepper; pour over corn mixture.
- Bake in 350f degrees oven for 1 hour or until top is golden brown and slightly puffed.
this was a great accompaniament to our dinner tonight. i used a 12 oz bag of frozen white shoepeg corn, half of a red pepper, chopped, and i added 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper and a dash of nutmeg . a few handfuls of extra cheese to the top, delicious! i served this with hot sauce.--
I love corn, and this was such a nice addition to my corn recipes. I did substitute yogurt for the sour cream, cause that's what I had on hand. I also used Splenda instead of sugar. Yummy.
Even my mother who hates all veggies ate this, thanks!