Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
A different way to serve corn. It is always welcome at potlucks and goes a long ways.
Make and share this Corn Custard recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) can creamed corn
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- Stir corn, eggs, cheese and bell pepper together.
- Combine flour, sugar and spices; add to corn mixture.
- Stir in half and half.
- Spoon into a greased 1 1/2 qt baking dish.
- Set baking dish in a deep pan and add 1 inch hot water to outer pan.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour, 20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
I made this to go with our Sunday ham dinner. A wonderful side dish and great way to make corn. Had the texture of a custard with a golden outer layer. Very yummy!!