Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this from "how it all Vegan" these are delicious muffins that I doctored a bit by adding in spelt flour and adding the cranberries instead of corn kernels so these can be sweet or savory depending on your mood. Add half the sweetener to make them savory.
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal (soak for 1 hour in two cups of water, drain use)
- 3⁄4 cup spelt flour or 3⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs (or egg substitute)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup soymilk or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 cup cranberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- Add in egg or replacer, cornmeal, oil, vinegar, and cranberries. Mix and add in water or milk until desired consistency is reached. You want it to be smooth not too runny.
- Spoon mixture into lightly oiled muffin tins. Bake for 15-20 minutes until you can place a knife in the center and no goo comes off on your knife.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Makes 6-8 muffins.
This came out too dry for us. We like a more moist muffin. Not sure if maybe I did something wrong, like cooking it too long...