Recipe by startnover
I love homemade crackers. You can make them any size and shape and have control of what their flavor will be. These are fun to serve in a basket as an appetizer for a dinner party, but also my kids think they are pretty cool to have at lunch. They taste great alone or w/ a soft cheese spread.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix first 6 ingredients.
- Pour boiling water over this and mix well.
- Then incorporate egg, butter, and cheese.
- Drop by tablespoon onto a parchment lined baking pan, spread thin w/ a flat knife and bake 325 for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool 30 minutes.