Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I like crab cakes but can't afford the fresh crabmeat most recipes call for. I found this recipe on the Kellogg's site and am posting for safekeeping.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce, divided
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup kellogg's corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup corn kernel
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- In small bowl stir together mayonnaise and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper sauce. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- In medium bowl stir together egg, 1/4 cup of the KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKE CRUMBS, corn, onions, mustard, coriander and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper sauce. Add crabmeat. Mix well. Shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place remaining Crumbs in shallow dish. Lightly press patties into Crumbs, coating both sides.
- In large nonstick skillet cook patties in hot butter about 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Serve with mayonnaise mixture.