- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded and diced
- 2 cups fresh corn, shucked, get as much milk you can from the cobs
- 2 lbs lump crabmeat
- 2 cups clam broth
- 2 cups cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a large saucepan add onions, peppers, celery, potatoes, and garlic seasoned with salt and pepper cooking till translucent.
- Add chipotle peppers, clam juice and corn kernels and cobs.
- Simmer 15 minutes remove cobs and leave as much broth in pot toss cobs.
- Add cream simmer 5 more minutes.
- Add crabmeat to heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.