Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple and delicious. This is a nice twist on grilled corn-on-the-cob because it includes a chilie-lime butter. The butter can be made up to 2 days ahead, covered and refrigerated. Just bring it back to room temperature before brushing on the corn. Enjoy!
- 6 ears corn, in the husks
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pull the husks back from the corn and remove the silks.
- Pull the husks back into place around the corn.
- Soak the ears in warm water for at least 30 minutes.
- For the Chilie-Lime Butter:.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, chilie powder, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the grill.
- Remove the corn from the water and pat dry.
- Gently peel the husks back from the corn and brush the corn with the butter.
- Pull the husks back around the corn and tie with a piece of husk or kitchen string to keep the husks around the corn.
- When the grill is hot, place the cobs on the rack and cook until the kernels are tender and lightly browned, about 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- The outer husks will burn, but the inner layers will protect the corn.
- Remove the husks and serve immediately.
- Pass additional chilie-lime butter.
This corn was very tasty and easy to make. Thanks for noting that the outer husks would burn, I might have thought there was a problem if you hadn't given the heads up.
Great corn on the cob recipe! I really liked the tangy; yet earthy flavor of the butter mixture. It was such a nice change from just regular butter and s & p. Served this delicious corn with a grilled steak and fresh green beans with new potatoes. So good! Made for ZWT-8-Family Picks.
Delicious! The flavor was great - nice little zip for the corn, which was nice and sweet. Thanks for sharing!