Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm not a fan of Emeril's, but I have to say he sometimes has good recipes! This was from his show and it's a fabulous dip for veggies or sturdy crackers or whatever. I make it frequently, it's a great dish to bring if you don't want to bring something that someone else might be bringing, adding more or less heat for individual tastes.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 2 cups sweet corn (fresh is best, frozen can be used)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 fresh jalapeno, seeded and chopped (more if you like it!)
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, corn, salt and cayenne and cook, stirring, until very soft, 5 minutes or so.
- Add garlic and jalapeno, stir to mix, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cheese and milk and cook gently over low heat, stirring, until cheese melts and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and pour into serving bowl, serve with whatever you would like to dip into it (bread, crackers, veggies, etc).
- Serve immediately.
Exceptional recipe! I loved the sweet corn and goat cheese combination. A bit different perhaps, but it's something that everyone would like. Corn and onions in this dip keep the fat content down. I lowered it a bit more by using 1 tablespoon butter and 1% milk. If I ever find a low-fat goat cheese product I might go for it in this recipe, as it's too good not to make again! We used frozen corn (not the season for fresh) and canned jalapenos. I dipped bread in this and served it with extra hot sauce:D It was a little messy until it cooled off and the cheese hardened a bit. I'll try reheating leftovers in the microwave tonight, as I think that would work out pretty well. Finally, I suggest the servings should be changed to 8 for an appetizer, as this is really filling. Thanks bikerchick, I'll make this again!