Recipe by bikerchick
I'm not a fan of Emeril's, but I have to say he sometimes has good recipes! This was from his show and it's a fabulous dip for veggies or sturdy crackers or whatever. I make it frequently, it's a great dish to bring if you don't want to bring something that someone else might be bringing, adding more or less heat for individual tastes.
Top Review by Kumquat the Cat's friend
Exceptional recipe! I loved the sweet corn and goat cheese combination. A bit different perhaps, but it's something that everyone would like. Corn and onions in this dip keep the fat content down. I lowered it a bit more by using 1 tablespoon butter and 1% milk. If I ever find a low-fat goat cheese product I might go for it in this recipe, as it's too good not to make again! We used frozen corn (not the season for fresh) and canned jalapenos. I dipped bread in this and served it with extra hot sauce:D It was a little messy until it cooled off and the cheese hardened a bit. I'll try reheating leftovers in the microwave tonight, as I think that would work out pretty well. Finally, I suggest the servings should be changed to 8 for an appetizer, as this is really filling. Thanks bikerchick, I'll make this again!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 2 cups sweet corn (fresh is best, frozen can be used)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 fresh jalapeno, seeded and chopped (more if you like it!)
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, corn, salt and cayenne and cook, stirring, until very soft, 5 minutes or so.
- Add garlic and jalapeno, stir to mix, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cheese and milk and cook gently over low heat, stirring, until cheese melts and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and pour into serving bowl, serve with whatever you would like to dip into it (bread, crackers, veggies, etc).
- Serve immediately.