Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty little morsels, just right for dipping.
- 85 g plain flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 185 g sweetcorn, kernals can drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 50 g caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- First make the dipping sauce. Warm the sugar, rice wine vinegar, fish sauce & chili sauce in a small pan to dissolve the sugar. Set aside to cool.
- Sifr the flour and baking powder into a bowl and gradually beat in the egg, coconut cream, soy sauce & lemon juice. Stir in the sweetcorn and coriander.
- Heat a 2 inch depth of vegetable oil in a wok or deep, wide pan until it reaches 180°C Drop in spoofuls of batter and fry in batches for 2-3 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Serve hot with dipping sauce.