Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posted upon request. I've never had this, found the recipe on another site but no name was attached. Let me know how it comes out. I would process for 5 min in a water bath.
- Bring water with cobs to a boil and boil for 10 minutes.
- Measure 3 cups and strain thru wet cheesecloth.
- Pour into a large saucepan with pectin and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add sugar.
- Bring back to a boil and boil for 3 minute.
- Skim Add food coloring if you want.
- Tastes like apple honey.
this recipe is wonderful. it taste like honey and apples. it is great. thank you.
I have made this recipe for many, many years now. It was my grandmother's recipe in the beginning. Our whole family loves it. It tastes like apple jelly.
This was fun to make! Has a mild apple-like flavor. I let my cobs boil a little too long and had to add more water and start again, so next time I'd start with 6 cups of water. Not sure if this has enough acidity to be safe in a water bath, so I just refrigerated the jars. Thanks for sharing the recipe!