- 4 medium fresh ears of corn or 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 3⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed (1 cup)
- 1 cup chopped sweet pepper (green, red or yellow)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup bite-sized pieces cooked ham
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut kernels off fresh corn; measure 2 cups corn. In a large saucepan, combine corn, broth, onion, potato, green pepper, marjoram, salt, and white pepper. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until potato is almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and flour. Stir into corn mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in ham. Cook for 2 minutes more or until heated through.