Recipe by mollypie
This delish corn chowder is perfect for those frosty days ahead. It has the sweet taste & creaminess of corn chowder with a little heat (or depending on your taste a Lot). I've made this with cream and when I was feeling too pudgy chicken soup...It's all good:-)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 large red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 (14 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen corn
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- In a soup pot saute first four ingredients till onion is soft.
- Add can of tomatoes.
- Blend together water and chili then add to soup to taste. This can be very spicy or not.
- Add the cans of cream corn simmer 15 minute.
- Add frozen corn, chicken stock, or if you like, replace the stock with a cup of cream simmer 5 minute.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with corn tortillias.