Recipe by lazyme
This is a recipe that I found a few years ago in the Rosie Daley cookbook when she was Oprah's personal chef. It's simple to do and very tasty. Sometimes I only puree half of the mixture so that there is a little more substance to the soup.
- cooking spray
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 1419.54 ml fresh corn kernels
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml red pepper, chopped
- 2.46 ml fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 0.59 ml pepper
- cayenne, to taste
- 14.79 ml fresh basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat for about 1 minute.
- Spray it twice with the vegetable oil.
- Saute the onion for about 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add 4 cups of corn and saute for 4-5 minutes, until it softens a bit.
- Add 2 cups of chicken stock and cook until the corn can be mashed easily with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Return the puree to the saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the bell pepper, rosemary, thyme, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and the remaining 1 cup chicken stock and 2 cups corn.
- Stir and cook for about 10 minutes more, until the chowder is thick and creamy.
- Garnish with the chopped basil.