1/3 Photos of Corn Chowder - Rosie Daley
This is a recipe that I found a few years ago in the Rosie Daley cookbook when she was Oprah's personal chef. It's simple to do and very tasty. Sometimes I only puree half of the mixture so that there is a little more substance to the soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat for about 1 minute.
- 2Spray it twice with the vegetable oil.
- 3Saute the onion for about 5 minutes, until translucent.
- 4Add 4 cups of corn and saute for 4-5 minutes, until it softens a bit.
- 5Add 2 cups of chicken stock and cook until the corn can be mashed easily with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- 6Transfer the contents of the pan to a blender and puree until smooth.
- 7Return the puree to the saucepan over medium-low heat.
- 8Add the bell pepper, rosemary, thyme, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and the remaining 1 cup chicken stock and 2 cups corn.
- 9Stir and cook for about 10 minutes more, until the chowder is thick and creamy.
- 10Garnish with the chopped basil.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Chowder - Rosie Daley
Serving Size: 1 (461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.0
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 595.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 11.4 g