Chef Ain't B's's Note:
This Pre-1940's recipe included in my “Grandma’s Wartime Edition Cookbook”
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a skillet over medium heat, cut pork in to small pieces and the sliced onion.
- 2Cook for 5 minutes, (without burning).
- 3Strain fat into a sauce pan, add potatoes and 2 cups boiling water, fat, cook until, potatoes are soft.
- 4Add milk and corn, cook to boiling point.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Chowder Pre-1940's
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.9
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 13.6 mg
- Sodium 222.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: