Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This Pre-1940's recipe included in my “Grandma’s Wartime Edition Cookbook”
- 1 fat pork, 1 x 3 inch piece
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 4 potatoes (cut in 1/4 inch slices)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 32 ounces milk
- 8 crackers
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet over medium heat, cut pork in to small pieces and the sliced onion.
- Cook for 5 minutes, (without burning).
- Strain fat into a sauce pan, add potatoes and 2 cups boiling water, fat, cook until, potatoes are soft.
- Add milk and corn, cook to boiling point.
- Season with salt and pepper.