Recipe by Ambervim
So many recipes call for bacon or canned creamed corn. This it just plain and simple corn chowder. You can make it a bit richer with part cream.
- 16 ounces corn, thawed frozen (fresh is even better)
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 potatoes, cubed and cooked
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups whole milk (2% will give a thinner soup, part cream, richer)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- parsley (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cooked potatoes, corn, green onion, red peppers, chicken broth, 2.5 cups of the milk and butter in a pot. Simmer on low for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the remaining milk, egg and flour in a small container and shake well.
- Slowly add to the pot, stirring until thickened.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer on low for another 15 minutes.
- Serve in small bowls -- if you want to be fancy, preheat the bowls in boiling water before filling them with hot soup.