1 hr 15 mins
I love this recipe because it has a little bit of kick to it. Recipe courtesy of Pioneer Woman and The Pioneer Woman Cooks--Food From My Frontier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the kernels off the corn cob.
- 2Cut bacon into 1 inch pieces and cook in large pot over medium heat until the fat begins to render, about 2 minutes.
- 3Add the diced onion to the pot and cook it until the onion is translucent and the bacon is cooked but still chewy, about 5 minutes.
- 4Throw in the corn kernels and stir.
- 5Mince chipotle peppers and stir them into the corn. Continue cooking for about 3 minutes.
- 6Pour in the low sodium chicken broth followed by a splash of heavy cream.
- 7Stir to combine.
- 8Add the green chilies.
- 9Let the soup simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 10Mix the cornmeal with 1/4 cup water and stir together.
- 11Stir the mixture into the soup and simmer for another 10 minutes, or until thickened.
- 12Taste and add salt if needed.
- 13Serve in bowls with warm corn tortillas on the side.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Chowder (Pioneer Woman)
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.3
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 48.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g