Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 pint water
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh if possible
- 1 pint cream
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper
- Melt butter in soup kettle and saute onion until limp.
- Add potatoes and water to kettle, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- Add corn and cream.
- Heat, stirring frequently, for ten minutes.
I added some carrots, and celery to it! it was tasty as all heck! next time I think Im going to sub. milk for the cream! thanks for the GREAT recipe!
Simple, straightforward, basic corn chowder. No extra veggies...just the way I like it. One kid *did* ask for bacon but tuff luck today. I did use 1/2 & 1/2 instead of cream because 1. mom would have complained & 2. I was out of cream. ;) This is a perfect recipe. I made a double batch so I'm finishing it now for breakfast. I used fresh corn cut off the cobs that were leftover from dinner the other day. I also used a whole onion which was much more that 3TBx2 with excellent results. It just doesn't get any better. Thanks!!