My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- to taste non-fat cooking spray (vegetable oil)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 6 cups fresh corn kernels, with any milk (12 ears - collected when removed from the cob)
- 3 cups chicken stock, fat skimmed off
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1Preheat a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat for about 1 minute. Spray it twice with the vegetable oil.
- 2Saute the onion for about 5 minutes, until translucent. Add 4 cups of the corn and saute' for 4 to 5 minutes, until it softens a bit. Add 2 cups of the chicken stock and cook until the corn can be mashed easily with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- 3Transfer the contents of the pan to a blender and puree until smooth.
- 4Return the puree to the saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the bell pepper, rosemary, thyme, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and the remaining 1 cup chicken stock and 2 cups corn.
- 5Stir and cook for about 10 minutes more, until the chowder is thick and creamy.
- 6Garnish with the chopped basil.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Chowder III
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.0
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 293.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 12.5 g