Recipe by FLFroggie
I fell in love with the corn chowder at Mimi's and was unable to find a recipe that tasted like it here. I was able to find the actual recipe on Mimi's own site.
Top Review by rabenstock
Thank you so much for posting this recipe!!! I recently moved and they don't have a Mimi's Cafe here. I have been craving their corn chowder like crazy and now I can have it! If you are reading this and haven't tried it yet, IT'S A MUST!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup celery, large dice
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 quart half-and-half cream
- 3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- On medium heat, melt butter.
- Simmer onion and celery for 5 minutes until soft but not brown.
- Add water, potatoes, corn and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are barely tender.
- Whisk the flour into 1 cup of half & half and stir into soup.
- Add remaining 3 cups half & half.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes until soup thickens to creamy consistency.
- To make soup thicker, simmer another 5-10 minutes.