1/1 Photo of Corn Chowder from Mimi's Cafe
I fell in love with the corn chowder at Mimi's and was unable to find a recipe that tasted like it here. I was able to find the actual recipe on Mimi's own site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1On medium heat, melt butter.
- 2Simmer onion and celery for 5 minutes until soft but not brown.
- 3Add water, potatoes, corn and seasonings.
- 4Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are barely tender.
- 5Whisk the flour into 1 cup of half & half and stir into soup.
- 6Add remaining 3 cups half & half.
- 7Simmer for about 15 minutes until soup thickens to creamy consistency.
- 8To make soup thicker, simmer another 5-10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Chowder from Mimi's Cafe
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.4
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 60.0 mg
- Sodium 697.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 8.5 g