- 1 lb pork sausage
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 4 cups cubed potatoes (peeled or not, you choose)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (17 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (17 ounce) can whole corn, drained (or equivalent frozen or fresh)
- 1⁄4 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage & onion. Drain grease.
- Add potatoes, spices, and water. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes
- Add corn, cheese, and milk. Heat through. Serves 6.
- TIP: I usually brown up large batches of sausage and freeze in one-pound portions. Then, whenever I desire corn chowder, it's a quicker process -- I just throw in the browned frozen block of meat with the potatoes.