Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
A nice hearty soup.
Make and share this Corn Chowder, Cuban Style recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb pork loin, cut in 2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 lb smoked ham, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in 8 pieces
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 3 inch cubes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 ears fresh corn, cut into 2 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed 6 quart pot. Brown pork cubes. Add chopped onion, garlic, bay leaves, and tomato sauce. Cover and simmer until pork is tender. Add broth, potatoes, squash, and ham. When potatoes and squash are tender, add canned corn and fresh corn. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently so corn will not stick to the bottom of the pan. Salt and pepper to taste.
- This chowder can be made hours before serving.