Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- Dice bacon, fry until crisp; drain and set aside, reserving 3 tablespoons of grease.
- Stir diced potatoes, diced onion, and celery into the grease.
- Add water, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until soft.
- Then add can cream style corn and can of milk.
- Heat to desired temperature.
- Dish up into soup bowls and garnish with crumbled bacon.
Great chowder! Was a bit confused by OnMyMom when they said the recipe didn't take cream or milk? I guess it was accidentally omitted from the ingredient list. Used skim but was a bit runny so I added a tsp of cornstarch and that took care of it. Was even better the next day! Thanks for a good one polar-express!
GREAT recipe! My family loved it. This will definitely be a recipe that I keep on hand to use again.
This is excatley what i was looking for. Very tasty.