Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Prepare on a nice cold day to warm up hungry tummies!
Make and share this Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups half-and-half
- Melt butter in sauce pan. Add in the flour and whisk until smooth and a roux forms (the flour will turn a light, nutty brown color).
- Add onions and celery and sautee 5 minutes until soft.
- Add water, potatoes, corn kernels, creamed corn, sugar, salt and pepper. Whisk together until smooth.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add half and half and simmer uncovered until soup has thickened into a creamy consistency, about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.