Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prepare on a nice cold day to warm up hungry tummies!
Make and share this Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in sauce pan. Add in the flour and whisk until smooth and a roux forms (the flour will turn a light, nutty brown color).
- Add onions and celery and sautee 5 minutes until soft.
- Add water, potatoes, corn kernels, creamed corn, sugar, salt and pepper. Whisk together until smooth.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add half and half and simmer uncovered until soup has thickened into a creamy consistency, about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.