Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 lbs frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 10 roma tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn tortilla chips, chopped, divided
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 medium avocado, small diced
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat the butter in a large pot over medium heat; add the onion and saute.
- Add the flour and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, corn, peeled tomatoes, half-and-half, and 1-1/4 cups of the tortilla chip pieces and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a food processor, or blender, and puree until smooth.
- Strain the chowder; season it with cumin, chili powder.
- Peel and dice the red pepper.
- Serve the soup topped with diced avocado, diced red pepper, and remaining tortilla chip pieces.
- Serve immediately.