My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 lbs frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 10 roma tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups corn tortilla chips, chopped, divided
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 medium avocado, small diced
- 1Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Heat the butter in a large pot over medium heat; add the onion and saute.
- 3Add the flour and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Add the chicken stock, corn, peeled tomatoes, half-and-half, and 1-1/4 cups of the tortilla chip pieces and mix well.
- 5Pour the mixture into a food processor, or blender, and puree until smooth.
- 6Strain the chowder; season it with cumin, chili powder.
- 7Peel and dice the red pepper.
- 8Serve the soup topped with diced avocado, diced red pepper, and remaining tortilla chip pieces.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (791 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 678.0
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.4 mg
- Sodium 455.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 19.6 g