Recipe by Sue Lau
A nice warming soup. Goes nice with corn muffins, too.
Top Review by Jill77
This was very good. Followed the directions to a "T". We did find that it needed a little something. A good sprinkling of salt and some Morton's Nature Seasonings did the trick. Served with sloppy joes and a salad. Might taste good with a little spice also, perhaps some cayenne. Thanks Sue!
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1⁄4 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh corn or 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in butter or margarine, until tender.
- Blend in the flour and paprika, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Gradually whisk in the chicken broth, and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add corn, cover and cook 5 minutes, then stir in milk, lemon juice, and pepper.
- DO NOT BOIL or soup will curdle.