- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 big onion
- 32 ounces frozen corn kernels
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 ounces lean smoked ham
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- salt and pepper
- TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce, for seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw the corn. In a big sauce pot cook the minced onion in the vegetable oil for about 5 minutes until softened and clear. Add 4 cups of the thawed corn and cook for 5 minutes before adding the 2 cups of chicken broth. Let it cook for another 15 minutes. Pour the batch into a blender and liquify.
- Pour the liquified corn back into the big sauce pot and add the remaining corn, the evaporated milk, ham, and rosemary. Cook for about 10 minutes before seasoning with pepper, salt, and tabasco.