Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was submitted to our local paper by Bettye E. Raines. It is wonderful!
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large potato, diced
- 2 cups water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- black pepper
- In large soup pot, cook bacon until it just begins to brown; add onion and cook until onion is limp and transparent.
- Add potatoes and 2 cups water. Cook about 20 minutes or until potatoes are done.
- Add corn with liquid. Remove from heat.
- Mix flour in 1/2 cup water to make a paste; slowly stir into the chowder.
- Stir in the evaporated milk.
- Return to heat and boil for one minute.