Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a beat-up spiral notebook of recipe clippings.
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 16 ounces cream-style corn
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- chives, for garnish
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add corn, milk and butter and blend well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir some of chowder into egg.
- Add mixture back to saucepan and blend well.
- Simmer until heated though, about 1 minute.
- Ladle into bowls, garnish with chives and serve.