If you like corn chowder, you'll love this one. It is my DH's favorite, one he used to have as a kid. He gave me the recipe, which he got from his family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 4qt saucepan, melt the butter.
- 2Add the onion. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add potatoes and water.
- 4Cook untill potatoes are tender.
- 5Add the corn, creamed corn, milk, salt and pepper.
- 6Heat it slowly. Do not boil, as it would spill over if boiled.
- 7Add more butter, salt or pepper to taste.
- 8Serve with Ritz or Oyster crackers.
- 9You can use skim milk and omit butter if you want a lower fat version. You may freeze leftovers.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.6
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.5 mg
- Sodium 372.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 6.2 g