Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you like corn chowder, you'll love this one. It is my DH's favorite, one he used to have as a kid. He gave me the recipe, which he got from his family.
- In a 4qt saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add the onion. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes and water.
- Cook untill potatoes are tender.
- Add the corn, creamed corn, milk, salt and pepper.
- Heat it slowly. Do not boil, as it would spill over if boiled.
- Add more butter, salt or pepper to taste.
- Serve with Ritz or Oyster crackers.
- You can use skim milk and omit butter if you want a lower fat version. You may freeze leftovers.