Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you like corn chowder, you'll love this one. It is my DH's favorite, one he used to have as a kid. He gave me the recipe, which he got from his family.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a 4qt saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add the onion. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes and water.
- Cook untill potatoes are tender.
- Add the corn, creamed corn, milk, salt and pepper.
- Heat it slowly. Do not boil, as it would spill over if boiled.
- Add more butter, salt or pepper to taste.
- Serve with Ritz or Oyster crackers.
- You can use skim milk and omit butter if you want a lower fat version. You may freeze leftovers.