Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
simple ingredients, crisp flavor and homemade soup in under an hour!
- 29.58 ml butter, unsalted
- 3 medium onions, diced, raw
- 340.19 g bag carrots, petite fresh raw
- 5 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 793.78 g bag frozen corn, sweet kernels
- 473.18 ml hot water
- 473.18 ml milk
- 14.79 ml pepper, freshly ground
- 4.92 ml salt, ground sea salt
- 118.29 ml whipping cream, heavy room temperature
- 29.58 ml flour
- Melt butter in large stock pot,on medium high heat.
- add diced onions, stir to coat onions in butter and let saute for 2 minutes.
- add the carrots.
- stir to blend and let saute for another 5 minutes.
- Peel and dice the potatoes to about 1 inch pieces then add to the onion/carrot mixture.
- stir in the potatoes.
- add the hot water and stir.
- add the milk and stir.
- add the frozen corn and stir.
- make sure liquid covers potatoes, if not add equal parts milk and hot water.
- cover and stir occasionally on medium heat for 25 minutes.
- mix the flour and whipping cream in a mixing cup and let stand at room temperature while the potatoes cook.
- uncover pot and add the pepper and salt, stir well and make sure potatoes are done, when they are to your liking.
- add flour and whipping cream mixture to soup and stir well to thicken.
- stirring occasionally allow soup to thicken for 15 minutes on medium heat.
- if you like a thinner soup add more milk, or thicker soup allow to cook another 5 minutes.