1/1 Photo of Corn Chowder
simple ingredients, crisp flavor and homemade soup in under an hour!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 3 medium onions, diced, raw
- 1 (12 ounce) bag carrots, petite fresh raw
- 5 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (28 ounce) bag frozen corn, sweet kernels
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon salt, ground sea salt
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, heavy room temperature
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1Melt butter in large stock pot,on medium high heat.
- 2add diced onions, stir to coat onions in butter and let saute for 2 minutes.
- 3add the carrots.
- 4stir to blend and let saute for another 5 minutes.
- 5Peel and dice the potatoes to about 1 inch pieces then add to the onion/carrot mixture.
- 6stir in the potatoes.
- 7add the hot water and stir.
- 8add the milk and stir.
- 9add the frozen corn and stir.
- 10make sure liquid covers potatoes, if not add equal parts milk and hot water.
- 11cover and stir occasionally on medium heat for 25 minutes.
- 12mix the flour and whipping cream in a mixing cup and let stand at room temperature while the potatoes cook.
- 13uncover pot and add the pepper and salt, stir well and make sure potatoes are done, when they are to your liking.
- 14add flour and whipping cream mixture to soup and stir well to thicken.
- 15stirring occasionally allow soup to thicken for 15 minutes on medium heat.
- 16if you like a thinner soup add more milk, or thicker soup allow to cook another 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.6
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 24.3 mg
- Sodium 260.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g