Recipe by Texas Tornado
Another simple soup recipe. When the first cold front comes through, this is what my kids want for supper. Of course, here in Southern Texas, the "cold front" is anything below 75 degrees and doesn't happen until mid-late October!
- 2 tablespoons salt pork or 2 tablespoons bacon, diced
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 quart whole milk
- 4 cups russet potatoes, diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups cream-style corn
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook salt pork (or bacon) slightly. Add onion and cook about 10 minutes or until soft and translucent, but not brown.
- Add milk and potatoes.
- Simmer gently, stirring ocasionally, about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add corn, season to taste with salt and pepper, and heat through.
- I highly recommend using only whole milk in this recipe. I have tried using 2% and it just doesn't taste the same. Only use cream style corn, not whole kernel, for the same reason.