- 6 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (14 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in a Dutch oven until crisp; remove bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Saute onion in reserved drippings until tender; add potatoes and water.
- Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in milk, corn, salt, and pepper to taste; continue to cook, stirring frequently, until heated through.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon to serve.