This is a slimmed down version of the original recipe that I started making many years ago. We now use uncured turkey bacon and fat free evaporated milk. It's still a family favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon in oil until crisp; drain on paper towels, crumble and set aside.
- 2Add onions to drippings, and saute till golden.
- 3Add potatoes and water to cover. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer about ten minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 4Add corn, milk, salt and pepper.
- 5Stir in about one-third of the turkey bacon; heat through, stirring occasionally.
- 6Serve with additional crumbled bacon and freshly grated pepper.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (498 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.8
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 27.3 mg
- Sodium 1359.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 13.2 g