Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a slimmed down version of the original recipe that I started making many years ago. We now use uncured turkey bacon and fat free evaporated milk. It's still a family favorite.
- Cook bacon in oil until crisp; drain on paper towels, crumble and set aside.
- Add onions to drippings, and saute till golden.
- Add potatoes and water to cover. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer about ten minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add corn, milk, salt and pepper.
- Stir in about one-third of the turkey bacon; heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with additional crumbled bacon and freshly grated pepper.