Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very easy and warming chowder for cold days.
- 4 medium raw potatoes, cubed (with skins)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 lb cooked bacon, drained, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans corn, with liquid
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Combine potatoes and onion with just enough water to cover them in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes are soft.
- Add bacon, corn, condensed milk, salt and pepper, bring to boil.
- For thickening, use a salad dressing shaker (or something similar) and thouroughly mix water and flour until smooth.
- Add thickening to pot, bring to low boil and cook for 1 minute.
This is close to what I make. I use one can each of creamstyle corn and corn kernels. The creamed corn provides the thickening so I do not need to use flour. I also prefer to use 1 quart of half and half instead if I have it on hand. This is really good on a cold day. Thanks