Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
This recipe is from the NZ cookbook A Taste of Summer.
Make and share this Corn Chips With Bits recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (450 g) can refried beans
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 (200 g) packet corn chips
- 2 cups grated cheese (I use tasty cheddar)
- Mix the beans and Tabasco sauce together.
- Place a teaspoon of the bean mixture on each corn chip.
- Sprinkle the cheese over top and cook under a hot grill (broiler) for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.
These are very good... especially right out of the oven and eaten right away. I must say that I was a tad dissapointed that the chips got a little bit soggy aonce they stood a while... and that it was a bit of a trick to get the cheese melted in th eoven whilst not burning the upward turned bits of the chips. If you can serve these immediately out of the oven they will definiately be a hit... I fear that if they need to sit a while on a party buffet table then they will be less so. Please see my Rating System: 3 lovely stars for a very tasty recipe that IS wonderful when it comes out of the oven. (made for My-3-Chefs 2008) Thanks!