Recipe by tinajoebob
I have been making this chili for about 15 years. I like the Enchilada sauce base, which is very flavorful and different. I have often made it without the corn chips, if I don't have them or forgot to get them, and it tastes just fine that way as well. It is easy to adjust the heat factor by using mild, medium, or hot enchilada sauce. I like to use 1 mild and 1 medium.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2⁄3 cup crushed corn chips
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dutch oven or large pot, combine beans, enchilada sauce, cheddar cheese, chile powder, and corn chips. In a separate frying pan, saute ground beef, garlic, and onions in oil over medium high heat. Cook until meat is browned and onions are tender. Drain fat. Add to bean mixture and stir to combine. If using a pot, transfer to a 3 quart baking dish, or else bake in dutch oven,uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Top with dollops of sour cream after removing from oven.