Recipe by kwlabear
I took a couple of my recipes, combined them and added some good stuff. This is very filling and is wheat free. This takes a little while to fix, but it is very simple because you can use a slow cooker to fix the chili and the shells are best whipped up in a blender.
- 2 cups chili (crockpot corny chili)
For the Taco Shells
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cornstarch
- 1 cup cold milk
For the Toppings
- 2 cups cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup green chili pepper
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup sour cream
- taco sauce, as desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chili ingredients in the crockpot and cook 6 hours, occasionally checking water and adding water in 1/2 cup increments as needed.
- When Chili is done, place 2 cups chili in the fridge and cool 2 hours until thick and well-set.
- This is what you will use for the filling.
- Make the shells as directed below.
- Mix Eggs, Margarine or Butter, Corn Meal and Salt.
- You may use a blender, if you wish.
- In another bowl, mix Cold Milk and Corn Starch, until it is the consistency of runny paste.
- Combine both mixtures in blender, blend well.
- Cook in 3 tsp of hot oil of your choice or use pan spray, until set, flip and briefly cook top.
- Then, divide chili between shells, and roll with seam facing down. I prefer my corny chili recipe in this.
- Cover with onion, green chili and tomato.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350.
- Top with sour cream when serving.