5 hrs 15 mins
weekend cooker's Note:
Corn, ground beef, tomatoes and seasoning make this recipe a nice fall/winter meal.
My Private Note
chili s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste, diluted with 1 can water
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- sour cream (for topping)
- shredded cheese (for topping)
- 1Saute ground beef, onions, and green peppers in a deep saucepan.
- 2Drain, and season with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- 3Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste mixture, and corn, and heat until corn is thawed.
- 4Add kidney beans, and chili powder, and pour this into a slow cooker.
- 5Cover, and cook on low 5-6 hours.
- 6Top individual servings with dollops of sour cream or sprinkle with shredded cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Chili
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.6
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 1349.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 34.0 g