Recipe by weekend cooker
Corn, ground beef, tomatoes and seasoning make this recipe a nice fall/winter meal.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good but very mild. I didn't add thyme and used black beans instead of kidney beans as that is all I had. This tasted better after it sat. Next time I would add more chili powder.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste, diluted with 1 can water
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- sour cream (for topping)
- shredded cheese (for topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute ground beef, onions, and green peppers in a deep saucepan.
- Drain, and season with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste mixture, and corn, and heat until corn is thawed.
- Add kidney beans, and chili powder, and pour this into a slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on low 5-6 hours.
- Top individual servings with dollops of sour cream or sprinkle with shredded cheese.