Recipe by Kermit in Huntsville
This is a show stopper but please try and use fresh corn, as it makes a huge difference.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb asparagus (cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 cups corn kernels (shucked 2-4 cobs depending on size)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (whole or cut in half depending on size)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place lemon juice in a medium bowl and slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Prepare an ice bath.
- In a large pot of boiling water add 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Add corn and asparagus and blanch till tender crisp.
- Strain into colander and place into ice bath until completely cool.
- Strain and let sit to completely drain all the water.
- Place in a large bowl with the tomatoes, reserved dressing and the mint.
- salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.