Recipe by dicentra
This comes from Simple Foods for the Pack. These would be fantastic in tomato soup.
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup powdered milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- At home: place all the ingredients in a zip-locking plastic bag.
- In camp: Add ½ cup water to the bag and mix well. Drop by the spoonful onto bubbling soup or broth.
- Cover the pot and keep at a simmer. Check after 10 minutes.
- When done, the dumplings are puffed and springy to the touch. Cover and cook for 5 more minutes if necessary.